We encourage parents of our players to familiarize themselves with any baseline testing method, two options being the'King-Devick' Test and the 'ImPACT' Test. If you have a baseline test score for your child, then please make sure your coach knows, but more importantly please make sure your child knows that if/when they experience a head impact injury they should return to you to be re-tested as soon as possible, and if there is any suggestion of a concussion then that should happen before return to play occurs.
Here are some video links for the King-Devick Test:
- King-Devick Test On The Today Show
- Mayo Clinic: King-Devick Test Detects Concussions in Youth Athletes
- UPENN Athletic Trainer Administers King-Devick Test On The Sidelines
- King-Devick Test at the University of Miami
Our goal, first and foremost, is the health and safety of all our players. Awareness is key, and the links below offer more information regarding the crucial facts of concussions for parents, athletes, and coach's to recognize.
- Lonestar SC Concussion Policy
- CDC Concussion Quiz
- CDC Concussions - Parent Fact Sheet
- CDC Concussions - Athlete Fact Sheet
- CDC Concussions - Coach Fact Sheet
- CDC Concussions - Coaches Clipboard
- Concussion Seton Presentation