Congratulations to Development Academy player Aidan O'Toole (01) on his recent invite to the US Youth National Team Camp May 27-31 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Aidan becomes the 4th player this year to be invited in a US Youth National Team camp or event. Well done Aidan and good luck at camp!
Lonestar SC is proud to announce the visit of AS Roma coaches to Austin,Texas, May 16th to 22nd. Lonestar SC is one of 10 elite clubs in the United States that has a real working relationship with AS Roma in player and coach development. We are very excited to host Giuseppe Giannini and Alessio Fazi from the AS Roma Academy. Both gentleman will be working with our players, observing the day to day operations and the player development pathway here at Lonestar SC. In addition they will also work with our coaching staff during the week to discuss and implement some ideas from the AS Roma Academy.
Information about the AS Roma USA Academy and coaches bios can be found at http://www.asromausacademy.com
Schedule of events during the visit will be available the week leading up to visit.
Way to go, keep up the great work boys!
evening the 02B Red and the 02B TEPAL teams attended a community forum by former NFL player Joe Ehrmann (hosted by Lake Travis High School PTO). "Is Your Young Adult an All Star For a Season or For Life?" was the topic for the evening which was well received by the parents and players in attendance. Look him up if you get a chance - interesting man.
- All-American football player and lettered lacrosse player at Syracuse University. Named to Syracuse University's All-Century Football Team and recipient of the Arents Award, SU's Most Distinguished Alumni honor for his contributions to society.
- Played professional football for 13 years—Colts Man of the Year.
- First Ed Block Courage Award Winner.
- Featured on the cover of Parade Magazine which called Joe "The Most Important Coach in America" because of his work to transform the culture of sports.
- Named one of The 100 Most Influential Sports Educators in America by the Institute for International Sport.
- Subject of the New York Times Bestseller Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx. Recognized for his revolutionary concepts of Team-Building, Mentoring and Coaching.
- Co-founder with wife, Paula, of The Door, a community-based organization that addresses issues of poverty, systemic racism and social justice.
- Co-founder with wife, Paula, of Building Men and Women for Others (BMWO), addressing issues of masculinity and femininity, also seeking to redefine and reframe the social responsibility of sports, coaches, parent and players. Addresses issues of violence and child advocacy.
- Selected by Baltimore Business Journal as the Renaissance Person of the Decade for his dedication and commitment to Baltimore City's betterment.
- Co-founder of Baltimore's Ronald McDonald House, which has served over 35,000 families from all over the world since its inception.
- National Fatherhood Initiative's Man of the Year award for his work in improving the well being of children by helping fathers become more involved, responsible, and committed to their children.
- Frederick Douglas National Man of the Year award for empowering youth to prevent rape and other forms of male violence.
- Recognized by National Consortium For Academics and Sports for annual Coach's Giant Step Award for using the power and appeal of sports to positively effect social change.
Former USSDA and Lonestar player Felipe Giesen Linssen doing well in Spain.
Lonestar SC's staff is very proud of you Felipe and will be watching your continued success!
Congratulations to former Lonestar USSDA player Michael Nelson (94) who was selected by Seattle Sounders in the recent MLS Draft. Michael continues the tradition of former Lonestar players being selected at the highest level of professional soccer in the US. "We are very proud of Michael, he has worked hard, shown leadership and perseverance to make into the next level", said Victor Pace Executive Director of USSDA program.
Well done Michael Nelson!
Congratulations to the U16G CCU Sirens for winning the South Texas Cup Western District Championships, finishing an undefeated Fall 2015 Division 2 season and placing Second at the State Championships.
Way to go LSC-CCU Sirens!
The coaching staff at Lonestar SC would like to congratulate Mikaela Harvey on being selected for the US U20 National team. Don Cameron, Executive Director of Select Soccer, adds, "We are all so very proud of her! Mikaela was the captain of our 96 ECNL National Championship winning team and is a great role model and inspiration for all our young female players at LSC. Well done and good luck Miki!!"
Congratulations to Former Lonestar USSDA player Thomas Haws (94) and his Wake Forest Demon Deacons as they advanced to the NCAA Elite 8 and will face Stanford University. Good Luck to Thomas and his Wake Forest Teammates.
We are very proud to announce that USSDA U18 player Orrin "McKinsie" Gaines has been named to National Soccer Coaches Association of America 2015 Youth All -American Team. This prestigious honor goes out to those players that have been recognized by coaches for excellence on and off the field. "We are very proud of McKinsie and are honored that our players continued to be recognized Nationally for outstanding play on the field and excellence off the field", said Victor Pace Executive Director of Lonestar USSDA program.
Kyle Nelson, former Lonestar USSDA player and native of Austin,Texas, started all 18 matches on the backline for the Terriers. He led the team in minutes played and scored one goal on seven shot attempts while playing at the center back position. Congratulations Kyle and the Wofford mens soccer team!
Former Lonestar standout Thomas Haws (94) and his Wake Forest Demon Deacons are having a great season! Wake Forest was crowned ACC regular season Champions with a 4-2 win over Louisville! Congrats to Thomas and his Wake Forest teammates! Good Luck in ACC and NCAA Tournaments.
Former Lonestar 96G Red South player Malorie Lara scores first career hat-trick for Southwestern University in a win vs University of Dallas.
Great work Malorie!
Former Lonestar SC Development Academy Player Michael Nelson (94) is having a great year so far at Old Dominion University. Michael was part of the first ever Lonestar SC team in 2004 playing his entire career with LSC. Michael continues to be an important part of ODU's success as he was named to Topdrawer team of the week!
Congrats to Michael!
Congratulations to Axel Picazo and Grant Vernon on being invited to the Boys U14 US Youth National Team. Both boys are part of the U14 United States Development Academy Team here at Lonestar Soccer Club. Good Luck this week in Carson, California!
Congratulations to Roel Gutierrez (Lonestar 97B Red) for being invited to the US Men's Deaf National Soccer Team Camp and Tryouts.
We wish you the best of luck!
Logan Hellinghausen who played for the Lonestar SC 94B Premier and the 94B Red team is now playing in the PDL. He is currently a senior at John Brown University and plays for the Southern West Virginia Kings Warriors which is in the South Atlantic Division of the Premier Development League.
Well played Logan!
Sam Stone from our 00B Red team is making his second appearance this year with the Region III 2000 BODP team. They are in Costa Rica from February 19-26 for the team's International trip. The team is also coached by Steve Allison Executive Director of Coaching & Director of College Placement.
The team is training and playing games against some of the top Costa Rican professional youth teams during their week long trip. In addition will observe training of the pro teams and attend the El Classico between the top two teams Saprissa & Alajuela at the National Stadium.
The team played it's first match February 21st defeating Heredia's U15's 4-0. Sam started at right back helping the team to the win and shutout.
The team has now played 3 matches defeating Berlin 4-1 and drawing with Alajuela 1-1 the U15 Costa Rican Champions. They have one match left on February 25th against Saprissa before returning home on the 26th.
Former Lonestar players and more recently of Stephen F. Austin women’s soccer team, defender Megan Dunnigan and goalkeeper Morgan Glick signed professional contracts with IA Akranes FC!
Join us on Tuesday, February 10th at 7 PM to see our Lonestar U18 USSDA boys face off against the Aztex!
Where: Kelly Reeves Stadium off of Parmer Lane.
All Lonestar players encouraged to attend, entry is FREE!
Hope to see you there!
Emily Strouphauer of the 99 ECNL team has recently received an invitation into the upcoming U18 US National team camp. The first camp of 2015 will be held at the Olympic Training Center in San Diego and will run Feb 1 - 8 under the guidance of coach April Heinrichs and her staff.
Emily has verbally committed to play at the University of Texas when she graduates and currently leads the 99s with 5 goals on the season.
Lonestar Soccer Club is proud to announce that USSDA U14 player Grant Vernon has made the U14 National Team Roster.
"We are pleased to continue the tradition of placing our players at the highest level and getting recognized for doing so. Grant has worked very hard and has been part of the Lonestar Way for many years!" said USSDA Director Victor Pace.
Grant will travel to Spain in February to play and compete against some of the worlds elite players, we wish him all the best!