1. Why is an EVENT roster important and how do I create one? Creating an EVENT roster in GotSoccer will allow team managers to remove non-participating players and add guest players to the event application. This will ensure player information is correct on the printed gamecards and tournament related information. This is also important for high school players who may have college coaches following their participation. To create an event roster, begin by navigating to the event application from your team GotSoccer account. Once in the event application, navigate to the roster tab. You should see a drop down option to select the roster you would like to use for the event. Use the drop down to select "event roster" then enter your player information. You should be able to select players from your official league roster and add guest players if you have them. Most organizations lock out default or league rosters so it is important to create an event roster if you intend to use guest players.
2. Can I register my U10 team to play up into the U11 group? No. Per STYSA rules, we cannot allow U10 teams to play up into the U11 age group in this tournament.
3. Can I register my team after the deadline?
Yes. The registration link will remain open to accept teams but teams that register after the deadline may not be accepted into the event. The tournament director will review late registrations but may waitlist teams depending on several factors--including late registration. For this reason it is best to register as early as possible. Waitlisted teams will not be charged a registration fee unless they are accepted into the tournament. It is not uncommon for a team to drop a week or two prior to the tournament. If this happens, the director will look first to the waitlisted teams for a possible replacement team. In short, there is no charge to register after the deadline but there is a greater chance your team may be offered a spot in the event than if you don't register at all.
4. When will I know if my team has been accepted?
Teams are accepted once the team registration fee has been received and processed. For some tournaments and age groups, the tournament committee may delay acceptance depending on several factors to include competition level and number of teams who have applied.
5. Can my team commute or stay with friends/family?
Yes, teams may choose to commute or stay with family in the Austin area. The tournament requires that all out of town teams who are going to stay in hotels MUST make hotel reservations for accommodations through Anthony Travel. Teams who do not follow this rule may be disqualified from the event.
6. Can I pay for my team registration online?
Yes. For the 2016 event we will only accept credit or debit cards. When completing the application process you will be required to enter your payment information. However, NO credit cards will be processed until a team is accepted. Should a team need to pay by check you must contact the tournament director for a payment code. GotSoccer will NOT charge your card immediately. GotSoccer simply securely retains your information so that the tournament director can batch the credit card transactions when the team is accepted into the event. Should for any reason your payment be declined or not honored the team will have 5 days from the date of event acceptance to submit appropriate payment. If for any reason the team has not paid 5 days after being accepted the team will be withdrawn from participation and a new team will be selected to participate.
7. Can I check in my team online or by fax?
Yes. For the 2016 event we will offer online check in. The process will be detailed on the event web site. This process must be followed wihtout exception and approval must received for your team to consider online check in complete. If your team is unable to meet the requirements for online check in there will be other check in times and locations made available. Please note, each and every team will be required to complete a team check in wihtout exception. Due to the size and multiple locations for this event, we do NOT offer Saturday morning check in for ALDC. Important information (including instructions for team check in) will be emailed to managers and coaches through the standard GotSoccer messaging system.
8. Do team managers need to provide gamecards?
No. The tournament will print gamecards and provide them to the referee site coordinator. The referee will be responsible for returning the gamecard to the tournament director. Review the rules document for additional information.
9. Can a player participate in the tournament if he/she is wearing a hardcast?
No. This is a strict STYSA policy. Under no circumstances will players with hardcasts be permitted to play. Review the tournament rules document and/or STYSA policy for additional information. This rule will be enforced regardless of the team affiliation (USYS or US Club).
10. What color does the home team wear?
Lonestar SC tournament rules state that home team (the team listed first on the schedule) will wear their dark uniform and the visitors will wear their light colored uniforms. Pinnies are an acceptable alternative if there is a color conflict. In the case of new teams or order delays, clubs should make every effort to ensure each player has a unique jersey number and that the uniforms are as similar as possible.
11. What happens in case of injury?
Lonestar SC will ensure that each location is staffed with at least one athletic trainer. In the case of larger events, more than one trainer may be available and will coordinate (with the assistance of the tournament director and referee coordinator) for care if required.
12. Can I bring my pet to the tournament?
Lonestar SC recommends that you leave your pets at home. For the event we abide by the rules for each playing site. Many of the parks DO NOT allow pets under any circumstance and with the large number of spectators and children, it's best to leave pets at home.
13. How do I get score updates and important tournament information?
We will not have on site score boards. GotSoccer will allow participants and their families to sign up for score updates. Tournament staff also use standard GotSoccer messaging as a valuable communication source. For this reason, it is very important that team manager and coach information is accurate in the tournament application information. For most communication, information is shared with managers and coaches with the intent that these team contacts will share the information with parents and players. In some cases, the tournament director may send messages through GotSoccer to all contact information associated with the teams. In case of inclement weather the tournament website and use the GotSoccer messaging service.
14. Who should I contact if I've lost (or found) something at the tournament?
Visit the headquarters tent at the location where you lost (or found) the item. If the tournament is over, contact the Tournament Director.