TAYLOR OVERVIEW OLD
LSC Executive Director of Rec Programs
LSC-Taylor Recreational Soccer
Registration for Spring 2015 is NOW open!
LSC-Taylor offers a full soccer program for players in the Taylor area. This includes recreational leagues, the availability of lit practice fields, professional training assistance for coaches and teams, game fields, referees for age appropriate teams - by location and the league administration. A brief overview of each program is available below. Games are mostly on Saturday’s and all our recreational teams are coached by volunteer parent coaches. This program is designed to be a fun and enjoyable experience for all.
The Taylor Regional Park and Sports Complex (TRPSC) is located at:
210 Carlos Parker Blvd , Taylor, Texas 76574
U4 Little Lonestars
The U4 Soccer Starter program will practice once a week on Saturday's at the Taylor soccer fields for 6 weeks. Kids will enjoy the fun-filled soccer environment while learning basic skills & playing fun activities! The sessions are conducted by Lonestar SC training staff.
U5 – U6 Age Groups
The U5 & U6 program focuses on non-competitive skills development. Our KINS (Kicking is NOT soccer) program encourages coaches to focus on individual skills development. Teams hold a single practice session each week. Games are played on Saturday using a 3v3 playing format.
U7 – U8 Age Groups
This age group will have a team practice held one evening a week. Games are played on Saturday in a 4v4 format.
U9 – U10 Age Groups
The U9 and U10 programs expand to 6v6 format introducing goalkeepers and more complex tactical play. Moderately competitive, these teams attend a practice session twice per week, based on parent volunteer availabiliity and a game each Saturday during the season.
U11 - U12 Age groups.
The U11 and U12 programs progress to 8v8 format with goalkeepers and continued technical and complex tactical play. Moderately competitive, these teams attend a practice session twice per week based on parent volunteer availability and a game each Saturday during the season.
The Lonestar Developmental Training Program is a six week program for ages U5-U10 & will include one hour lessons conducted in a healthy, fun and safe environment led by professional Lonestar SC Coaches. LSC Development Training will focus on the basic fundamentals of the game taught through a weekly theme. Development training will be an additional $35. The program will begin for Fall 2015 Tuesday's, 5:15 - 6:15 PM per location availability.
Please contact Robert Lopez with any questions regarding this program.
Please note that uniforms are included in the fees below.
1. I have registered my child, what does the fee include and is there anything else I need to get?
The Season Fee includes a full uniform with jersey, shorts and socks for U5 through U10. End of season trophy, field use, insurance coverage, administrative costs and referees are included in your fees as the age group requires and the location can supply.
U4 Little Lonestars receive 1 t-shirt for participation.
2. Is there anything else I need to get for my child?
Your child will need shoes, shinguards (mandatory) and a ball. There are 3 ball sizes, size 3 for U5 through U7, Size 4 for U8 through U10.
3. When will I hear anything?
Practices usually starts a week before games begin. The coaches meetings are being scheduled. That is where the coaches gets their rosters. Once coaches have their rosters, you will hear from them about your child's placement and first practice.
4. How will my child be assigned to a team? When a player is registered their age is input, this puts them into a soccer age bracket. Using the age chart - link above and located here - you can see which age group you child will be assigned to - link: 2014-2015 Age Group Chart
5. Player development and Team assignments? Within a recreational program there are many ways to insure basic player development. Players who are above the skill level of their peers will be looked at on a case by case basis to help them continue to be challenged within the recreational program but also to provide possible opportunities to be challenged by playing an age up or utilizing the Lonestar Jr. academy and/or Select programs - if age appropriate.
6. Can my player be assigned to play with a certain coach and team? Yes - depending on registration numbers for any particular age group and roster size - We will always do our best to allow a player to be on the same team as their friends and with a particular coach at the recreational level when it does follow the model of fair play and player development.
7. Where will be the practice location, match locations and times for both? Once the registration process has closed and team formation, coach assignments, and our coaches clinic have finished, we will send out all information on matches, along with a schedule. All Taylor soccer items will be held at the soccer fields in the Taylor Regional Park Sports Complex (TRPSC). Specific training days may be Monday - Thursday and times can range from 5pm start to 7pm start. Matches will be on Weekends - using Saturday as the primary match day. Once again - specific info will be sent out prior to the season starting.
Please email questions to email@example.com
Please contact Robert Lopez (512) 496-7072
If requesting a refund please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lonestar will withhold a $35.00 administrative processing fee.